Digital Forehead Thermometers
If your baby or child does not like to be poked in the ear or mouth then a digital forehead thermometer is the ideal solution. These use infrared light to take a reading straight from your baby's forehead or temple so no direct contact is necessary - it can even be used while your baby sleeps.
All forehead thermometers have a digital display and are generally quite accurate although some will say that perspiration can be an issue giving a less precise reading. They are however very easy to use and you get a reading in seconds.
Best Selling Digital Forehead Thermometers
Vicks Fever Insight Forehead Thermometer
This is currently the best selling forehead thermometer. A great feature of this one is the colour coded display : red (high temp), yellow (slightly high) & green (normal). Online price : £35
- Accurate : ±0.2°C
- Fast : reading within 3 seconds
- Colour coded backlit display for low light situations
Tommee Tippee Multi-use Forehead Thermometer
Multi-use as in : forehead thermometer, room thermometer and bottle feed thermometer. Online price : £25
- Wide rage : -22°c to 80°c.
- Fairly accurate ±0.3°C
- Reading within 5-8 seconds
- Also measures ambient room & milk bottle temperature.
Brother Max 3-in-1 Thermometer
Measures forehead, ear and room temperature. The design is just as versatile - you can put it almost anywhere.
- Very versatile : can be used as at ear and room thermometer as well as a forehead thermometer
- Probe can be wiped clean
- Very fast : reading in 1 second.